Monday, October 8, 2012

Blogger Bullstuff - Part Two

Remember how I told you all that I found a workaround to create a static homepage? Well, I hope you did it already because you can't anymore.

For the last year or so, Blogger has had a new interface on the back end. It's flashy and serviceable, but I noticed some things that it cannot do. Thankfully, they have allowed you to use their "Old Blogger Interface" since they forced this new one on you.

Until now.

So now all those things you used to be able to do on the back end through the old interface that the new interface can't do, well you can't do them. One of those random things happens to be hiding your original homepage (the site that automatically populates your blog posts). Random as hell, I know. But now you can't do it. Which means you'll be stuck showing that page somewhere on your site, which makes things not only more confusing for the casual user who is just trying to use my workaround to create a static website, but also ugly. I'm going to have to amend my earlier post to tell people how to do it the ugly way since we all have to now. God save us all.

Ed note: Since original publication, I've found that blogger has fixed this and the new interface does the same thing the old interface did. So please disregard this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment